top of page
- Sat, Apr 22Tin Roof GardenLooking for a way to celebrate Earth Day? What better way than to spread wildflowers wherever you go! Join us for the making of seed bombs. We will provide the materials, you will take home several seed bombs to use this spring in places that need brightening up.
- Mon, Apr 24Tin Roof GardenAnthony Nied, owner of Safe & Simple Organic Lawns, will teach us about what it takes to have an inviting and safe property for our local pollinators.
- Sat, Apr 29Tin Roof GardenWe began raised bed gardening at Tin Roof Garden in 2019. We've had many successful harvests and we would like to share what we learned with you. In this class we will share how to start your own raised bed garden.
- Fri, May 12Tin Roof GardenCome to the greenhouse and get your hands in the dirt! Plant your own hanging basket for spring.
- Sat, May 20Tin Roof GardenCome to the greenhouse and get your hands in the dirt! Plant your own hanging basket for spring.
- Sat, May 20Tin Roof GardenJoin a naturalist from Beaver Creek Reserve to learn more about a few of the small creatures that you can find in your backyard garden. The naturalist will have some live animal ambassadors with them to give kids a closer look at some of the wildlife that’s just outside your door.
- Fri, Jun 02Tin Roof GardenLooking to try vegetable gardening? This class will be a basic overview for beginners of planting and growing common Wisconsin summer vegetables. We’ll provide a few tips and tricks for a healthy and bountiful harvest and answer some of your questions.
- Sat, Jun 10Tin Roof GardenJoin local beekeeper Drew Kaiser from Kaiserson Bee Company for a discussion about bees, what you can do to help them, and what it takes if you want to keep bees yourself. He’ll bring along some honey for you to taste and discuss how time in the season and place effect what ends up in the jar.
- Thu, Jun 15Tin Roof GardenAll levels of skill and experience welcome! In this low-key drawing class we will be enjoying the company of plants while also flexing our creative muscles. The goal is NOT to make a masterpiece but to learn how to look at plants differently and have fun with some simple sketching techniques.
- Sat, Jun 17Tin Roof GardenBring the kids to Tin Roof Garden for a fun garden craft project! Kids will be able to paint a terracotta pot to look like a bee or ladybug.
- Sat, Jun 24Tin Roof GardenA discussion on why we plant natives and how we can attract a variety of pollinators with plant diversity in our gardens.
- Thu, Jun 29Tin Roof GardenNeed a little advice on creating your own backyard garden or landscaping around your home? We’ll have some tips for you and answer your questions during this discussion.
- Fri, Jul 07Tin Roof GardenAre you a fan of homemade sauces and salsas and sustainability? This class is for you! We will provide the materials and directions for you to plant up a pot with the essential spaghetti sauce or salsa ingredients.
- Sat, Jul 15Tin Roof GardenThis class will focus on keeping succulents as houseplants. We’ll walk you through planting succulents, care, and troubleshooting. Everything you need will be available, and price will depend on your choice of materials.
- Fri, Aug 04Tin Roof GardenAll levels of skill and experience welcome! In this low-key drawing class we will be enjoying the company of plants while also flexing our creative muscles. The goal is NOT to make a masterpiece but to learn how to look at plants differently and have fun with some simple sketching techniques.
bottom of page